A marriage made in heaven, the old spice beard and head trimmer was only a matter of time. The long established aftershave brand have branched into the during shave market with a range of electrical products designed to help with grooming. Not only have they released their beard and head trimmer, there is also a shaver, a ‘shave and trim’ model, and a hair clipper too. The products are manufactured in partnership with Braun, so should definitely be high quality. The hilarious tagline “It’s Red, so you know its good”, is quite a claim, but does this trimmer live up to the hype?
- Cord or no cord. You can use the cord when you’re at home or if you need to head off on your travels then 40 mins of cordless use are also an option.
- A narrower head when compared to the other old spice grooming products, this is in order to provide the more intricate detail when it comes to trimming, and means that you can style a lot easier.
- 12 settings for different lengths with no requirement to keep changing heads, no extensive kit or attachments, but lots of flexibility.
- Waterproof. Keeping things clean is almost impossible when you’re trimming your beard, but at least being able to wash your trimmer is hugely helpful with this.
- 2 year warranty
- Ideal for use on your face or for trimming your hair too (can even save on hairdressing bills).
The recommended retail price of the Old Spice trimmer is $45, which is not overly expensive, plus you can usually pick it up for $5-10 cheaper than that. Bargain!
You could be forgiven for thinking that these products were a novelty, Old Spice is a big brand and it makes sense that they expand, but this isn’t just a ploy to make money, and by partnering with Braun they have provided something that is really good quality. Reviews found elsewhere online are also struggling to find fault with the product, which most agree represents huge value for money. In fact, the only real problems I have seen claimed with the product was that it does not hold charge, but this is simply not the case if you take the majority of people, plus of course a two year warranty means that these problems can hopefully be ironed out. There are always a couple of faulty products here and there.
Besides cool branding, and a clever advertising campaign, Old Spice have really pulled a rabbit out of the hat with this one. 4.5/5 star average on the review section of Amazon speaks for itself. Not the cheapest trimmer on the market but considering its features is worth the investment.Google+