Philips are one of the ultimate manufacturers of beard trimmers and their Norelco range is both vast and impressive. In this post, my Philips Norelco BG2040 review, I’ll be looking at a model that is designed to be more of an all in one solution to body hair grooming than some of the others, so does it live up to its name?
Well, the trimmer has been met with rave reviews on Amazon. As I write, well over 800 approved purchasers have given the BG2040 an average of 4 stars out of a maximum of 5, very good even by the high standards of Philips. Lets run down some of the features that have been mentioned and clearly make this a good choice for your shaving, trimming and other grooming needs.
- This trimmer performs when it comes to every area of bodily hair, people have discussed its use on everything from their face to their back, and even…erm…downstairs, if you’re inclined to use it on more sensitive areas.
- An extremely impressive battery life means that just an hour in its charging cradle will provide 50 minutes of use. You’ll certainly struggle to beat that elsewhere.
- Pivoting head that is sure to reach all the contours of your head and body without any irritation.
- Water resistant so you can even use this in the shower, a useful feature especially for trimming body hair. This feature also makes the clean up operation afterwards very straight forward.
- Five different lengths for your selection.
- Rounded blades to avoid scratching or other discomfort.
So what’s the verdict? Well, when it comes to trimming your beard, perhaps one of the other Norelco models might slightly outdo its sidekick here, but this isn’t designed purely for facial hair, it has so many other features that make it far more than that and for the hairier man out there I would strongly recommend this for getting rid of unwanted patches such as back hair, and the fact that you can give it a thorough clean by using wipes or water takes away some of the ‘yuck’ factor of removing hair from some of the more delicate areas and then using on your face. There’s no question that the majority of customers are happy with their purchase, and I can see why with the excellent features on offer, it really is an all-in-one solution.
Price of the BG2040 BodyGroom
Perhaps a slight sticking point for the Norelco is the price, at around $60 there is no denying that there are cheaper on the market, but lets face it, if you were going to be looking at other solutions for other areas such as waxing your back or chest hair then eliminating this expense will justify the initial outlay on the BG2040.
In a short and snappy conclusion I think it is safe to say that for the hairier men out there who would like to shave more than just their beard, this is one of the best options, and comes with the bestbeardtrimmerguide.org seal of approval.
Oh and P.S….
Check out this awesome video someone has created about the Norelco, summarizing its features nicely (helps if you know a little German).