Another Norelco review today, we have the QG3330/60 Multigroom 3100, which is on the budget end of the Philips range. That doesn’t make it a bad quality trimmer though, and for a trimmer under $20 this is pretty impressive, offering all the basic features many of us look for in a shaver or trimmer.
Being a ‘multigroom’ means it has multiple purposes, whether you want to shave your beard almost completely off, trim some detail into your style or even get rid of ear and nose hair, the QG3330/60 offers you a solution.
Ear and Nose Trimmer
The clever design of the multigroom means that you can put different attachments on, which serve different purposes, one of which is trimming nose and ear hair. Many people have invested in a separate trimmer for this, but with the Norelco you can do it all in one go, making it even better value for the modest price. It works, too! Unlike some of its competitors, the nose and ear trimmer does a thorough job.
Full Features List:
- Five different attachments for the ultimate in versatility! Full beard and mustache trimmer, detail trimmer, nose and ear trimmer, beard and mustache trimmer and attachment to comb stubble.
- It is water resistant and can be rinsed and cleaned after use, something you don’t always find with models at this price point.
- Up to 18 length settings when you take into account the multiple attachments.
- Corded and Cordless use – can be used up to 35 minutes on one charge. The adapter which charges is also the AC power adapter, meaning even if your battery life does fade after time you can still use it while plugged in.
- Self sharpening blades which claim to not require any oiling or maintenance.
What others have said
The Multigroom 3100 has been generally very well received and reviewed. The downsides people have reported include the fact that it doesn’t come with a bag or pouch, but this can easily be fixed. Of course it doesn’t offer all of the features that its brothers in the Norelco range do, but for $20, that is hardly surprising. If you want those extra features, invest a little more in one of its compatriots. In general, though, people have been shocked by the value on offer here, and the fact that the functionality offered at this price point is very generous and impressive. An average rating of over 4/5 on Amazon backs this up, and considering there are trimmers three times the price with worse reviews, this is definitely well regarded.
We call ourselves the ‘Best Beard Trimmer Guide’ – so I think it is only right that I make clear that this isn’t the creme-de-la-creme when it comes to trimmers. What it is, though, is an exceptional value for money offering from a brand we know we can trust. If it only lasts a year or two, considering it is under $20, it isn’t the end of the world, and the features it offers are enough for most of us. So, if you’re a beard newbie, or simply find yourself on a budget, the Norelco QG3330/60 Multigroom 3100 could be your solution.Google+