It’s time for another beard trimmer review, and yes, it’s another Norelco, this time we’re looking at the QT4014 model of the Philips Norelco series, and it’s another cracker from the manufacturer. Compared to some of the other models we’ve been discussing recently, this is jam packed with features and technology and suits the modern man looking to stay well groomed down to the ground. So without further ado, my Philips Norelco QT4014 review.
I’m pretty sure I’m right in saying that this is the most advanced Philips trimmer without a vacuum built in, which you do pay a premium for (in models such as those mentioned in this post) but some people don’t want or need a vacuum trimmer, and this may well be the very choice for those people. Lets take a look at some of the impressive features:
- Titanium blades which serve to self sharpen, in the words of Philips they require no maintenance.
- Unique design on the blades means rounded edges, still sharp but wont cause you any pain or irritation.
- An extremely impressive 0.5mm to 10mm range of trimming lengths including 20 settings going up in 1/64th of an inch increments (wowsa).
- An LCD display with a battery life indicator so you know when you’re getting low.
- Locking feature to prevent comb movement.
- Amazing battery life – just one hour on charge will give you a massive 50 minutes of cordless use.
- Can be used corded or cordless.
- Sleek and stylish design that will go in your bathroom.
This is definitely a factor when it comes to buying a trimmer, and the Norelcos aren’t the cheapest compared to some other ranges out there. The 4070 model (which I really do rate) has a retail price of almost $60, which isn’t that much considering the features. Well this model, the QT4014 can be picked up for almost half of that, and it may not have a vacuum built in but its features are impressive.
What others have to say
Don’t take my word for it, check out some of the reviews other people have made (excuse the paraphrasing):
“I even prefer this to the more expensive models, easy to use and very reliable and I don’t care too much for the vacuums anyway”
“You won’t get much more for the price range, this has so much going for it”
“I bought it for my husband as a birthday gift and he loves it, plus the battery has never come close to running down”
I’ve said my piece when it comes to the Norelco range, I rate them highly and though there are competitors of similar standard, there’s a reason Philips sell so many. For the price this is a super beard trimmer and I can’t recommend it highly enough!Google+